Shocking Story of CBT/GET Maltreatment of Teenager

"...the CBT/GET therapy at the rehabilitation centre is extremely dangerous for ME-patients and made me sustain permanent damage. I repeat: Permanent damage. I never returned to the level I was before I went there..."

Above quote is taken from an heartbreaking and truly schocking story of Monique, a Dutch teenager put through punishing CBT/GET Programme for 3 months; then kicked off Programme when she deteriorated. Why?  So they could manipulate their Programme's success rates and secure more government funding. 

"...Then all of a sudden, out of the blue, I was told they couldn’t help me anymore because I wasn’t getting better. I begged them to keep trying, but no, this was the end. Every last bit of hope I had was smashed to the ground. Later I found out how they got to that promised success rate of 80%: All patients that stayed internally for more than three months were added into the calculation. Patients who didn’t last three months were not included. It was in their best interest to throw out anybody that didn’t improve before the crucial 3 month mark, so they could access more funding from the government to continue their work..."

As I read Monique's story, my blood boiled and tears streamed down my face. When will this mistreatment and abuse of ME Patients stop?

Below is her full account from Facebock...

https://www.facebook.com/ME.cvs.Vereniging/photos/a.177489265678064.40772.146572212103103/1641562282604081/?type=3&theater

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers