Severe M.E. - The fight for help, support and understanding continues

Well, it's been over a year since my last post, so first of all let me say a huge SORRY for deserting you. I guess I had secretly hoped that the need for my blog and Information Pack had passed and so I turned my attention to making up for all the years my husband and I had lost to my Severe M.E.  But last week I heard the tragic plight of Karina Hansen and felt compelled to re-start this blog to do what I can to help overcome the ignorance that still seemingly surrounds Severe M.E.

Karina is a Severely affected M.E. Patient forcibly removed from her home and her parents in Denmark and incarcerated for psychiatric treatment.  Her story will break your heart.  I know it broke mine.  On the 12th February 2014 it will be 1 year since this poor girl was sectioned and locked away.  We all need to do whatever we can to help get her out of her hell hole and back to her loving family, away from these cruel and heartless Danish psychiatrists who shockingly claim this physically disabling illness is all in her mind; despite The World Health Organisation clearly stating that M.E. Is a neurological illness, and placing it in the same group as Parkinson's and Multiple Sclerosis.

For more information about Karina and ways to help the Justice For Karina campaign go to

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers