Severe ME/CFS Information Pack


Severe ME/CFS is a cruel and physically disabling illness which wrecks the lives of thousands in the UK and millions worldwide. I know because it took my life for several years. One of my promises back then was to do all I could, when able, to help the Family and Friends of Severe ME/CFS Patients understand the nightmare that their loved ones are going through; what Patients and their Carers have to battle against every day, and how the understanding, support and compassion of Family and Friends can make such a dramatic difference to their speed of recovery. Hence this Blog and My Severe ME/CFS Information Pack now available as an e-book. I do so hope that both help guide you through the hellish maze that is Severe ME/CFS

Email understandingsevereme@hotmail.co.uk for details

Severe M.E. Information Pack Launched

Today sees the launch of something I have been working on for the last 2 years: 'Understanding Severe M.E. Information Pack' and that makes me (not to mention my mum) pretty proud.

During my recovery from Very Severe M.E. I became more and more shocked and dismayed by just how few people really understood the hell that I was going through and so decided to do something about it.

So here's the press release blurb for the Pack... bit poncy, but once a gobby Marketeer, always a gobby Marketeer...


-->
‘UNDERSTANDING SEVERE M.E. INFORMATION PACK

Essential reading for Family & Friends of Severe M.E. Patients’


Know someone with Severe M.E.? Don’t understand what is happening to them? Don’t know what to do or say? Or are you a Patient or Carer living with Severe M.E. and just want something that explains to people the hell you are going through?

Either way, this Information Pack is for you.

M.E. (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis) is a cruel and disabling illness which wrecks thousands of lives, none more so than those who suffer the most extreme version of the illness, Severe M.E.

Few people understand or appreciate the true impact of this illness, and for the millions of relatives and friends of patients, it can be a terrifying time.

In ‘Understanding Severe M.E.’, Catherine Saunders draws upon her own inspirational recovery from Severe M.E. to explain the cruel reality of the illness:

‘Before I became very severely affected back in 1998/99, I used to think, like many others, that Severe M.E. was just about being tired. How blissfully ignorant I was. Severe M.E. may not be a terminal illness, but it takes people’s lives; I know, because it took mine for several years, and it was a great life that I had stolen from me...happily married, Account Director of a Marketing Consultancy, active, sporty, great social life, lots travelling,... you get the picture.

And then, for the best part of 2 years I was little more than a breathing corpse. All I could do was lay in a blacked out room in constant pain, unable to talk, walk or tolerate a glimmer of light. I had to be spoon fed, watered, washed, dressed and nursed by my husband and family, just like a baby. Unable to walk even 8 paces to our bathroom, bedpans were a constant necessity.

And one of my promises to myself was to do all I could, once strong enough, to help family and friends understand what it is that their loved one is going through, what Patients and their Carers have to battle against every day, and how their understanding, support and compassion can make such a dramatic difference to the speed of recovery.

Severely affected M.E. Patients can recover, and we do recover, but only if we are given the right advice, the right treatments, the right support, at the right time and I firmly believe that the understanding of friends and family can make the difference between recovering and not recovering’.

In this immensely positive, hopeful and easily accessible Information Pack, Catherine addresses the many questions, worries and fears that family and friends have about what is happening to the Patient, sign-posts the way to expert sources of information and treatments, and most importantly suggests hundreds of ways in which they can ease the burden for the Patient and their Carer, both practically and emotionally.

‘UNDERSTANDING SEVERE M.E,
 
Essential reading for Family & Friends of Severe M.E. Patients’
 
Information Pack will be sold at £10 plus £1.95 P&P, with P&P discounts available for bulk orders.  
To find out how to order copies of this Information Pack, email your enquiry to understandingsevereme@hotmail.co.uk



De 

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers